Full-Time Web Python Software Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
What is Ordoro? Ordoro helps e-commerce merchants automate their business. It’s a lot of work to run an online business and we provide tools to make sure small and medium online businesses can operate just as efficiently as the big boys (Wal-Mart, BestBuy, Amazon, etc).
What’s the company like? Right now, I’m the only developer at a company of 4 and I just can’t do it alone anymore. So aside from determining the technologies we use, you’ll also get to help me build a killer development team.
- We’ve got enough angel funding to last awhile, so rest easy that you’ll be able to pay your bills.
- We’re expanding the team quickly, but purposefully.
- We’ve also got real, paying customers and are doubling our revenue every 60 days.
- You can take time off whenever you need it.
- We love celebrating our success and having fun while we build our product and company
What will you be doing?
You should love:
- Python (especially Django, Tornado, SQLAlchemy), git, and exploring other technology that would make Ordoro awesome
- Working at a startup
- Creating a team of amazing developers
- Jumping between adding the next killer feature, parsing XML from our new cart integration, developing our own API, debugging RabbitMQ/Celery issues, and writing tests.
Specifically, you’ll be working directly with me to:
- Maintain current integrations with carts (Shopify, Amazon, Shopsite, BigCommerce) and shippers (USPS, UPS, FedEx)
- Write code that integrates with new shopping carts (Magento, eBay, etc) and shippers (DHL, EquaShip)
- Rewrite asynchronous processing infrastructure to be more robust
- Determine new technologies as we expand the services we provide
- Mentor new developers as we expand our team
- Make a kick ass product, make a kick ass company, and hopefully make some money
Compensation Compensation will be competitive with any other jobs you’re looking at in Austin, TX (including salary, insurance, and equity). I look at startup equity as a bonus for busting your butt during the early days, not as a way to screw you out of a real salary. You’ll also get a whatever computer stuff you need to do your job.
How to Apply