Full-Time Web Operations Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Full time opportunity for a Web Operations Specialist managing the daily operations of AWeber’s SAAS web applications. You want to know how things work, how they integrate together, and how you can make them work all the time. Whether you’re gathering statistics about how a new application is running, or analyzing performance data on an existing system your goal is troubleshoot known and unknown issues to either resolve them yourself or escalate to appropriate development teams. Our software is utilized by over 100,000 customers on a 24/7 basis requiring well planned, robust implementations to streamline the user experience. Keeping those systems running at peak performance insures optimal value for clients. Our team includes smart people who appreciate talented goal seekers, continuous learning, experimentation and a lust for creating and implementing cutting edge technologies. We welcome those who share these passions to apply.
• Previous experience in a web operations or relevant role.
• Experience running and troubleshooting large clustered web operations.
• SQL (PostgreSQL).
• Test Driven Development (TDD).
• Good HTML/CSS knowledge.
• Be assertive and have good communication skills.
• Comfortable working in an informal, high-energy environment.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
• Resolution or escalation of issues reported by Customer Solutions.
• Monitoring the production environment (Nagios) and fi xing of escalating problems.
• Being part of a team that provides 24×7 coverage for the production environment.
• Capacity and performance monitoring for planning upgrade recommendations.
• Maximizing application uptime and minimizing response times.
• Updating and monitoring third party applications (WordPress and others).
• Integrating new tools into our processes and suggesting new ways of improving systems.
Located in Huntingdon Valley, PA AWeber develops and manages an online opt-in email marketing and follow-up service. A growing 100,000+ international customer base access our website 24/7 to manage and send their newsletters to recipients who have specifically opted in on their website to receive that information.
• Company paid PPO medical, dental, and vision health insurance. (including domestic partner benefits)
• 3 weeks paid time off.
• Paid holidays.
• 401K retirement benefits with company match and profit sharing.
• Free daily catered lunches, soda, juice, and coffee.
• MacBook Pro laptops and 30″ monitors for all development team members.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• Wii and Xbox 360 high definition theatre projection system.
• Recognized in 2009 as one of the best places to work in PA.
How to Apply
Please email with the subject Web Operations Specialist a cover letter describing why you feel this is the position for you, salary requirements, your preferred desktop OS and detailed PDF resume.
PS- Cover letters are great; we read lots of them, but we’re also open to video cover letters. They’re not required, but if you send one, we promise to watch it