Full-Time Web Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Interface with more than a screen
Threespot Web Developers leverage their considerable technical skills not only to build the best solution for a client, but also to collaborate in its discovery and definition. Their job is to ensure that Threespot produces user experiences that are robust, efficient, and standards-compliant.
While our Web Developers are responsible for the development, testing, and documentation of web-based software and technical solutions, they are more than just programmers. They are involved in all stages of client engagements, from application design through specifications documentation and production programming.
Web Developers work collaboratively with Information Architects and Designers to define user interaction, functionality, and system requirements. They work closely with account teams and clients to identify use cases and project scope, create estimates, communicate the technical approach, and define technical requirements.
- Work collaboratively with UX and Design as a technical strategist.
- Research and prescribe application and system architecture.
- Develop technical solutions, both directly and as part of a technology team.
- Maintain regular and consistent communication with Client Services team around scheduling and scope.
- Act as a technical consultant for third-party teams.
- Represent Threespot’s Technology practice internally and when interfacing with clients.
- Skilled in technical development using PHP, Python, Ruby, or C#; related frameworks and/or content management systems a plus (e.g. Drupal, Django, Ruby on Rails, CakePHP, WordPress, Sitecore, Ektron).
- Experienced with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server).
- Strong working knowledge of application architecture and deployment, design patterns, and development methodologies and frameworks.
- Experienced with development using APIs, services, and/or mashups.
- Interested in learning and leveraging new solutions and methodologies, with an eye towards usability.
- Familiarity with installation and administration of Linux and related software stacks (LAMP, nginx).
How to Apply
- Cover letter, resume, and salary history to email@example.com
- No phone calls, please
- No staffing agencies, please
- No contractors, please
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, physical capability, sexual identification / orientation, national origin, or other protected class distinctions.