Full-Time Web App Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Attention Socially-Conscious Developers!
The Providence Plan is looking for a Web App Developer to join our team and support our mission of democratizing data for the City of Providence and the state of Rhode Island.
As a Web App Developer you get to:
· Work with and contribute to open source projects
· Wrangle, map and visualize interesting data
· Be part of a small team. No bureaucracy, few meetings
· Lead back-end systems development
· Work to make a better city and state!
· Enjoy a pleasant work environment and great benefits
· Python and Django
· Experience with Postgresql
· Experience with Linux based web stack
· Curiosity and love of data
Not required but helpful:
· Experience with other Python libraries/tools such as Celery, Flask or Gunicorn
Please Note: We are looking for a full-time, on-site employee. Some telecommuting (a day or two per week) may be permissible. We are not interested in contracting with a placement agency.
About The Providence Plan
The Providence Plan’s information work is based on the organization’s belief that information- what exists, how it is used, and who uses it is a fundamental aspect of community revitalization in an age of expanding information technology. ProvPlan is committed to providing access (through the Internet and other means) to useful, usable local information as a tool to affect positive change throughout Providence and its neighborhoods.
How to Apply
Contact: Jim Lucht email@example.com 401 455-8880 x215