Full-Time Technocrat (Core team – development) – Full time (ESOPs)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
What is Wishpicker?
We are a bunch of extremely enthusiastic people from premier colleges, and we are disrupting the broken gifting market in India. We pride ourselves with our motivated attitude, and can-do-anything spirit. A small team, we started 5 months back and are very passionate about what we are doing.
Wishpicker.com is solving the biggest problem that exists in the gifting market – deciding WHAT to gift when that special occasion is around the corner!
We’re looking to hire people with infectious enthusiasm, a killer attitude, and a passion to learn and execute with perfection.
Our work is extremely dynamic – we iterate every day and have weekly, not annual plans. There is never a dull moment in the day in our office.
We care about our team, our company culture and its core values. The only way we can make it big is with a rock-solid-passionate group of people, and we go all out to make sure that our people have the best time with us. We hire for: Attitude first, Talent second.
We are revolutionizing the social gifting space in India. Join us.
About the role:
We are looking to hire talented individuals to assist our development efforts. If you’re looking to work as a coder under constant supervision and go back home at 7 pm, please DO NOT apply!
#Looking-to-build-products-that-have-a-global-impact. #Unable-to-sleep-till-the-code-is-bug-free. #Willing-to-go-the-extra-mile. #Willing-to-take-up-ownership: If all of these resonate with you – check out the job description mentioned below.
What will I be doing?
- You will be part of the core team working on challenging problems on the cloud – including Big Data
- You will be improving the efficiency of our recommendation algorithm
- You will have complete ownership of various features of the product, and perhaps lead our engineering efforts eventually.
- You will be coding for a world-class consumer-facing product, in a very fast paced environment
Am I eligible for this profile?
We’ll need you to have:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, and relevant 1-3 years work experience
- Experience in working with Python
- Experience with Django, Hadoop, mobile applications is a big plus
What’s in it for me?
- Unparalleled freedom to execute, along with a tremendous learning opportunity
- Work on a Killer product with a fantastic team, on a spiralling growth curve
- Equity Package/ESOPs
This is a great opportunity to work with one of the most exciting startups in India currently. Moreover, this is a place where your opinion will count, and your ideas will translate into reality.
Stock options/ ESOPs, Flexible timings, a fully-stocked kitchen, a wear-whatever-you-want dress code, and lots more…
- Full time position based in Noida
- Immediate joining
About the founders:
Apurv Bansal: Apurv did his B.Tech (Civil Engg) from IIT Delhi, and then worked as a management consultant with Bain & Company for 2 years in their healthcare, IT and Infra verticals. He was primary involved in developing corporate and expansion strategies. His interest in the internet space led him to co-found Wishpicker late in 2012. He loves to travel, and is always up for a conversation on Cricket and Movies.
Prateek Rathore: Prateek did his B.Tech (Computer Science) from IIT Delhi. Post that, he worked with Royal Bank of Scotland in their IB division. He went on to complete his management studies from IE Business School, Spain. Driven by his keen interest in entrepreneurship, he co-founded Wishpicker to help others decide what to gift when that big occasion is around. A professional dancer, he takes to the stage every now and then.
How to Apply
How do I apply?
- Email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org - mention ‘Technocrat (Core team – development) – Full time‘ in the subject line
- A short write up on why you are the best for this profile will definitely aid your application