Full-Time Sr. Software Engineer (Python Platform)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Do you dream about building something great that 100+ million users could use one day? Are you excited about creating a world-class two-way audio/video experience within the browser? Are you passionate about developing a highly scalable platform that millions of developers use to develop applications on? Can you drive a technology vision forward, month after month?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, then we want to talk to you!
We are building a world-class engineering team that will revolutionize how video conversations occur on the web. We are looking for smart passionate Systems and Software Engineers who will be responsible for designing and delivering the next generation video communications platform. We’re looking for individuals who thrive on creative problem-solving, intellectual design, and fast-paced product delivery. We deal with a lot of interesting algorithmic and systems problems such as distributed caching, cloud storage, scalable-partitioning of system resources, P2P topologies, resource discovery, to name a few.
- Play a key role in designing and building the new OpenTok platform
- Design, develop, launch and support server-side code for next generation video communications platform
- Be a part of a next-generation cloud based storage and streaming Infrastructure
- Contribute to infrastructure improvements and product innovation and direction
- Evangelize the platform and use a feedback-driven methodology to drive enhancements
- Play an active role in supporting our developer community
- Work in rapid 1-2 week development cycles
- Collaborate closely with all teams to ensure that features achieve the goals laid out for them
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent studies
- 5+ years software engineering experience designing and developing highly scalable platforms
- Extensive server side/ backend Python experience emphasizing scalability, performance and reliability
- Must have experience building public facing APIs
- Exposure to python frameworks like Pylons highly desireable
- Demonstrated experience building Internet-scale distributed solutions and delivering them into a 24×7, high-availability production environment
- Strong experience with Networking and Streaming technologies preferred
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, growing, and dynamic environment
How to Apply
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org