Full-Time SR PYTHON SOFTWARE ENGINEER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Ultimate Software is looking to hire a Sr Software Engineer to join our extremely talented Border Security team! As one of our Software Engineers, you will be part of our continued improvement and growth of our HR and Payroll Software Solution and its security.
At Ultimate Software, we build a cloud enterprise human capital management solution that can scale and perform on an as-needed basis. We need to make UltiPro the best it can be for our customers and in order to do that, we need additional talent. What a great problem to have, right? That’s where you come in!
As a Python Software Engineer at Ultimate, you’ll be embedded on our security team where you can work on the next generation of internet software security solutions. You’ll get to work directly with other Developers, Software Testers, Business Analysts, Product Managers, and Directors, all of whom make up the team. In this highly-collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to grow as a software engineer, and even help mentor others. Are you ready to get started? Apply Today!
Software engineering at Ultimate:https://youtu.be/fy5l8lWJbqQ
Take a look at our company culture:https://youtu.be/v9ssO9PgT_A
Ultimate is ranked #21 in FORTUNE’s 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2015.” This is the fourth year in a row we have been listed on FORTUNE’s list. We were ranked #20 in 2014 and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #4 on the inaugural list of “Ten Great Workplaces for Millennials” and #7 on Forbes magazine’s 2015 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
A Day In The Life:
- Start your day off right by meeting with your teammates to make sure that yesterday’s challenges are today’s wins!
- Get together with your Business Analysts, User Experience leads and Quality Assurance Engineers at the story kickoff meeting to make sure the code you write is building the software that you want to use
- Want to talk shop? The tech standup is the place to do it where you meet with your fellow engineers and platform leads to make sure your code is using the latest and greatest practices and patterns
- After lunch, head on over to a design meeting where you are working with the analysts and fellow engineers to determine what the code and product will look like just a few months from now
- The team only gets stronger at monthly/quarterly retrospective meetings where your small ideas can have a big impact on how your teams days are going
- When the day is over, by using our internal communication portal, Ulti Home, you plan on playing poker, volunteering, or going on a run with other Ulti Peeps!
- Multiple years of experience in web technologies utilizing SOA patterns and REST
- 5 – 7 years of experience with Python
- 5 –7 years of architectural experience in software development
- Solid understanding of security access controls, scalability and high availability, and concurrency patterns
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Flexibility and creativity in solutions design including leveraging emerging technologies
- Experience in some open source projects is a plus
- Some relevant experience with at least one statically typed languages Java / C#
- Familiarity with Cloud based Software-as-a-Service applications
- Passion for software security
- Knowledge of OOP design and patterns
- Strong use of source code repositories, like GIT and understanding of GIT workflow
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Teamwork is a must
- Ability to communicate and apply common architecture design patters across a wide range of technical problems
- Proficient in at least one static OO type language preferred
- 5-7 years of experience with Python preferred
- Experience in data structures and computer science fundamentals preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong decision-making skills
- Comfortable working on multiple projects
- Ability and drive to mentor team members
- Pushing adoption of software development best practices
- Self-sufficient and hands on
Education/Certification/License: A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related field is a plus
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
How to Apply
Click here to apply! https://recruiting.ultipro.com/USG1006/JobBoard/dfc53730-57d1-3460-336f-ddafabd108f3/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=9c03e7d9-20fd-4d38-b415-329a665e025d