Full-Time Software Engineer (Growth)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
At Path, our engineers are working hard to solve difficult problems at a massive scale. Path has grown rapidly to now include over 3 million users, across 17 different languages, posting hundreds of millions of moments. We’d like to grow faster, of course, but in the right way. We are on the hunt for growth wizards, people who will obsess over our numbers to help Path grow smarter. The Growth Engineer role will be best filled by someone who can build the type of flexible and scalable infrastructure that empowers growth. It’s the kind of engineer who thrives in a space with complete ownership and accountability to move the numbers.
- Rigorously optimize our products to grow our user base and increased engagement.
- Discover new user acquisition channels and improve existing ones.
- Ask critical questions about what drives growth
- Build analytics tools to capture relevant data
- Implement server-side product changes necessary to increase growth.
- 5+ years experience writing high performance server code for Linux/Unix
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Superior analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- High proficiency in Python, with experience working with asynchronous frameworks (ie. Tornado, Twisted).
- Strong experience with database design for MongoDB and MySQL, Redis.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Strong quantitative skills and an analytical, data-driven mindset.
- Exceptional passion for testing, analyzing, and iterating.
- Expert understanding of social media, analytics, and A/B test implementation.
How to Apply