Full-Time Software Engineer – Backend
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We’re looking for team players with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence. Our organizational challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and pumped to build systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike.
As a member of our back-end application team, you’ll have a direct impact on the customer experience for both riders and drivers. Our team is responsible for Uber’s core business logic, which includes maintaining our product configuration in 150+ cities around the world, handling and storing thousands of payment transactions per second, developing intelligent fraud prevention strategies that scale, and ensuring that push and SMS notifications are sent in a timely manner. Our global business is creating job opportunities for thousands of people, and our code enables it to do this with extreme efficiency.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Sharp, motivated coworkers in a fun office environment
- Full medical/dental/vision package
- Generous allotment of monthly Uber credits
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
How to Apply
Apply here: http://grnh.se/b2nd3j