Full-Time Software Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
At SwiftStack we’re building software to help people create large scale object storage infrastructure in their own data center easily. (Think: Bam! and you have your own Amazon S3.) At our core, we use Swift, OpenStack’s object storage technology. We’re one of Swift’s most active contributors, and OpenStack is one of the world’s most important open source projects. And nearly everything we do is in Python.
We’re looking for a talented, energetic software developer to help us free the world from expensive, proprietary data storage solutions. As an engineer at SwiftStack, you might:
- Analyze the workflow of our Controller application and make changes to help people more easily create and manipulate storage clusters in unique or unforseen situations
- Create new data placement algorithms and contribute them to open-source Swift
- Figure out new methods to scalably monitor data streaming in from thousands of storage nodes and figure out what’s important in that data to notify users about
We’re looking for folks at all levels of experience who find these sorts of problems to be interesting. We hire primarily for talent, but you’ll definitely get our attention if you
- Have strong experience writing and maintaining distributed systems
- Have made significant contributions to storage or database software
- Are (demonstrably) a Python or Django wizard
How to Apply
Send a link to your github profile, your LinkedIn account, your website, a resume — whatever best shows who you are as a software developer — to jobs [at] swiftstack [dot] com. But really, what shows off your engineering personality more than code? Try out some of our puzzles!