Full-Time Software Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
At Nextdoor, we have an enormous opportunity: restoring communication, connectedness, and community to neighborhoods around the globe. It’s a bold goal, but if you think about it, we are in danger of losing touch with the people right outside our front door. The neighborhood has played a key role to so many, and could be thought of as the original social network, yet now many don’t know a single neighbor by name.
If your first taste of business was behind a lemonade stand, or you remember the days of borrowing a cup of sugar from your neighbor, or you know the present-day struggle of finding a strong sense of community in your neighborhood, then you’re one of us.
We’re in the early stages of building a platform that is useful, reliable, private to your neighborhood and fundamentally local. We are solving cool technical challenges that have resulted in nearly 65% of US neighborhoods relying on Nextdoor to meet their neighbors, keeping an eye out for each other, and starting the conversations online that build community offline.
In addition to being smart, collaborative, and creative, our team is community-centric. Our office is friendly; it feels neighborly, and it’s the type of environment where you’re encouraged to get involved – giving product feedback, planning a party, ramping up on a new technology you’re interested in, or taking a turn on the support queue. No matter the role, you’ll make an impact here, and that’s because we want you deeply entrenched in what we’re building. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We’re constantly seeking to add extremely driven and talented engineers to our teams: Generalists, Backend, Infrastructure, Intern, iOS, Personalization, Product, and Systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Extremely strong fundamental understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong coding abilities, preferably in multiple languages on UNIX systems (Python experience a huge plus!)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong desire to learn about new technologies and systems.
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Meaningful equity for all employees
- Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday through Thursday
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, and candy
- Vibrant downtown San Francisco location
- Shiny Apple products and a free smartphone on your start date
To learn more, check out our engineering blog at https://engblog.nextdoor.com.
How to Apply
Apply @ https://nextdoor.com/jobs. Feel free to say Dan Masquelier sent ya!