Full-Time Software Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Sempre Health is changing how Americans pay for healthcare. We are looking for a senior backend engineer as our first technical hire. You are excited to use technology for good, while building a digital health company from the ground up.
1 in 3 patients skips care because it’s too expensive. These patients go on to be less healthy & more costly to the health system overall. Sempre Health is bringing behavior-based pricing to healthcare. Patients receive texts like, “If you fill your Lipitor rx today, you’ll pay $5. If you wait till next week, you’ll pay your normal $15″
We parse millions of prescription records to identify unique patient behaviors. We use this data to predict & seamlessly deliver the right price for the right patient to every pharmacy in the country.
As the second engineer at Sempre Health, the code you write will directly impact the health of patients across the country. You will collaborate with the founders on product direction & broaden your technical skills working with an experienced CTO.
You should bring a strong sense of ownership & pride to the services you deliver. You find the right balance between building for today & building for tomorrow. You are up to the challenge of reconciling & refining disparate healthcare datasets to drive our pricing algorithms & patient communication. You keep a keen eye on performance, scalability, reliability & security. As a technical leader & early hire, you will play a big part in choosing what technologies we use going forward.
- Implement backend services, including: pricing algorithms, Rx data integrations & conversational patient UX via SMS
- Work with founders to create specs & deliver new features
- Dig into the complexities of healthcare to deliver elegant & delightful solutions
- Be meticulous when building software handling PHI
- 3+ years of backend engineering experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Can build using Node or Python
How to Apply
Please send an email with a brief bio & attached resume to email@example.com