Full-Time Software Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Are you a talented super ninja programmer? Do you know when and how to write self generating Meta Classes which yield non data-descriptors used to mock testsuites that simulate Cross-Origin Resource Sharing? Do you know that with such power comes great responsibility?
Interested in being part of a platform that handles millions of requests per day? Continuous integration, auto-scaled rolling releases and cross-service communication are all part of the daily gig.
dubizzle MENA now has true undertones of a startup sub-culture (obviously within the context of the wildly successful and renowned brand that makes up dubizzle as a whole). We pick fights with our competitors, move swiftly, nimbly and with agility – at a pace unmatchable by others (some might even say 88mph). We are here to build the best classifieds platform the Middle East has ever seen and anyone who doesn’t have the same goals should look elsewhere!
You will be part of a small, ambitious and dedicated engineering squad who tackle the toughest of problems. Clean, high caliber code is what we eat every single day. We also know when it’s time to switch off, relax and play a game of foosball or have a sing-along with people jammin’ on the guitar at the office. We encourage a play-hard/work-hard work culture. It’s what truly makes dubizzle such a great place to work. Whether it’s a FIFA competition or a coding competition, you know people are gonna give it 100%.
- Gather up-to-date and in-depth understanding of the dubizzle code base and technologies stack in a quick and efficient way;
- Write and maintain clean code following dubizzle’s programming practices;
- Actively contribute in the planning and roll-out of new releases and product updates;
- Actively contribute in post-release maintenance issues;
- Develop elegant solutions for complex problems;
- Create unit tests in accordance with our established standards to cover assigned work;
- Positively impact the reliability and efficiency of our current code base, platforms and/or core systems;
- Actively share your thoughts and suggestions on our technical vision;
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and apply them where possible and desirable;
- Gain a detailed understanding of the architecture of your product steam;
- Gain a high-level understanding of the complete architecture of our product and the position of your product stream in it;
- Provide and share a broad knowledge of technologies and architectures and function as a mentor within the scope of your product stream (and outside of it when required).
Skills & Requirements?
- 4+ years of professional back-end software engineering experience in a professional environment;
- 3+ years of experience in analysis, design, coding and implementation of next generation web applications in Python and Django;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field.
- In-depth and hands-on insight in free and open-source software development, e.g. Python and C++;
- Inside-out knowledge of free and open-source web application frameworks, e.g. Ruby on Rails and Django.
- In-depth knowledge of database management technologies, preferably MySQL, PostgreSQL and NoSQL;
- Hands-on understanding of general development processes such as source code control, build process management, and continuous integration;
- Understanding of testing methodologies (unit tests, component tests, integration tests, etc.);
- Understanding of scalability and high availability systems;
- Strong algorithms and data structure background;
- Experience working on high-traffic and large-scale web products;
- Experience with Agile Methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum and XP;
- Hands-on experience with revision control systems, preferably Git;
- Driven to gain insight into different new and old technologies;
- Ability to be a technical mentor within a product vertical team of front end and back end engineers;
- Knowledge of Objective-C and/or Java development is a plus;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment;
- Fluent in English, Arabic is a plus.
- Tax free and market competitive salaries;
- Relocation assistance;
- Excellent work-hard play-harder working environment;
- Dubai lifestyle;
- Great health insurance;
- Snacks and Drinks in the dubizzle cafeteria;
- Plenty of learning and development opportunities.
How to Apply
Sounds like you? Send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with you!