Full-Time Software developer (Python/Django) – Full time
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Wishpicker is a new age gift recommendation engine. We’ve been growing really fast, and have outpaced our own expectations. Tokeep pace with our growth, we’re hiring. Again
If you’re looking for a new job, 9-5, with your own little cubicle, please do not read forward. If you’re ready to fire away, with loads of passion, and are looking for quality work, this is exactly where you want to be!
What is Wishpicker?
Wishpicker is a technology company that is solving a very fundamental problem – we help people figure out what to gift. We’re looking for talented people to work with us.
- We’re a team of hackers, designers, and some very talented gift connoisseurs.
- We are solving a real world problem.
- We are building a world class consumer product.
- We love our work – with so much work, there’s no alternative but to enjoy it
- We are a bunch of extremely enthusiastic people from premier colleges, and we are disrupting the broken gifting market in India.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking to hire people with infectious enthusiasm, a killer attitude, and a passion to learn and execute with perfection.
Our work is extremely dynamic – we iterate every day and have weekly, not annual plans. There is never a dull moment in the day in our office.
We care about our team, our company culture and its core values. The only way we can make it big is with a rock-solid-passionate group of people, and we go all out to make sure that our people have the best time with us. We hire for: Attitude first, Talent second.
We are revolutionizing the social gifting space in India. Join us.
About the role:
We are looking to hire talented individuals to assist our development efforts.
#Looking-to-build-products-that-have-a-global-impact. #Unable-to-sleep-till-the-code-is-bug-free. #Willing-to-go-the-extra-mile. #Willing-to-take-up-ownership: If all of these resonate with you – check out the job description mentioned below.
This position is based out of our office in Noida, with immediate joining.
What will I be doing?
- You will be building and breaking a lot of things – You will be coding for a quality consumer-facing product, in a very fast paced environment!
- You will be part of the core team working on challenging problems, and will have complete ownership of various features of the product. You will, perhaps, lead our engineering efforts eventually.
Am I eligible for this profile?
- Passion and love for code
- Basic/ Intermediate experience in Python/ Django
- Relevant programming experience – Databases, Algorithms
- B.Tech / M.Tech in Computer Science
Good to have:
- Strong algorithmic, data structures, and machine learning skills
What’s in it for me?
- Unparalleled freedom to execute, along with a tremendous learning opportunity
- Work on a Killer product with a fantastic team, on a strong growth curve
- Competitive salaries, Equity Package/ESOPs
- Flexible (but long) working hours
- Snacks, coffee, and startup office environment
- A wear-whatever-you-want dress code, and lots more…
How to Apply
How not to apply
- A blank email with a resume named ‘CV.pdf’ (or worse, docx). We hate spam.
How to apply
Email all of the following to email@example.com
- A brief note explaining why you want to work with us
- Links to your github, stackoverflow, twitter and/or other relevant profiles, if applicable
- Your CV
- We get hundreds of emails with the subject ‘Resume’ – they are usually left unopened. Please write a descriptive subject line!
This is a great opportunity to work with one of the most exciting startups in India currently. Moreover, this is a place where your opinion will count, and your ideas will translate into reality.