Full-Time Senior Software Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Skytap delivers the world’s most advanced environments for software development and testing in the cloud. We are in an exciting phase as a tech company emerging from startup, with more than 1100% growth in revenue (#105 on Deloitte’s Fast 500) over the last 3 years. We are taking our message to a new generation of larger enterprise customers who are turning to our public cloud solutions to accelerate innovation and achieve DevOps efficiencies.
Skytap is looking for talented senior level Software Engineers to join the team whose software automatically creates and manages self-service virtual data centers. As a member of our platform team, you will work with other highly skilled engineers to design and implement software to deliver scalable, highly available, and secure virtual data centers to our widely varying customers.
We use agile development techniques, releasing major features on the first Tuesday of every month. Our service is built primarily with open source software and languages including Linux and Python, and we use our own product to power the dev process (that’s right. We run Skytap in Skytap. Recursion FTW.)
The senior software engineer is responsible for figuring out how to build new features and adapt existing systems to meet requirements we haven’t met yet, and then collaborating with team engineers, test engineers, and product managers to define the details and personally build the product. Specifically:
- Design and implement core back-end components of our cloud computing service
- Define and meet scalability, availability, security, and performance goals
- Rapidly build and evolve major features in collaboration with product management
- Resolve major customer technical issues
- Talk with customers
- Research and experiment with key technologies, architectures, and standards
- Use the product for dev/test
- Test your work!
- Write elegant, succinct Python code
- Collaborate with a talented team of engineers and product managers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or experience)
- 4+ years experience designing and implementing complex distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of concurrency control, data structures, algorithms, and scale-out software architectures
- Deep knowledge of database systems and transaction management
- Skill in analyzing, measuring, and optimizing scalability and performance
- Experience using hypervisors
Why People Love it Here:
- Location: We’re located on the corner of Second and Columbia in the heart of Pioneer Square.
- Transportation: We’re in transportation Mecca: buses, ferries, and trains all lead here.
- Equipment: Mac? PC? Huge screen? Vertical screen? Standing Desk? Let us know what you need to do your best work.
- Victuals: Our office kitchen is fully stocked with food and drinks –organic when possible. Each Friday we order a delicious lunch from a local restaurant.
On to the Grown-Up Stuff:
- Competitive compensation: Including health/dental/vision, 401k and stock options, bus passes, maternity and paternity leave.
- Flexible work hours: We find that the best solutions are discovered in the some of the most unconventional situations.
And here’s an added bonus: Skytap is really more at the emerging company stage, so you’re side-stepping the risk associated with a true bootstrap startup. But we’ll never let go of the energy, inspiration and dedication from our startup days—that culture is here to stay.
If this is you, please apply online at http://www.skytap.com/company/careers.
Skytap is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Interested candidates email me your resume to : email@example.com or apply thorugh https://www.skytap.com/company/careers/engineering-development/