Full-Time Senior Software Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
EnergyHub is looking to add an experienced and passionate programmer to help us connect even more networked devices to our platform. Your focus will be the growth, scalability, and stability of our distributed server-side software, including device connectivity and predictive analytics. In addition, you’ll get exposure to all aspects of what we do, including embedded systems, data storage, and web and mobile applications.
The ideal candidate:
- Is fluent in a modern programming language (almost any!)
- Is an expert in how the Internet works — HTTP; XMPP, WebSockets, and plain old sockets; security; efficient message encoding; etc.
- Has worked on a distributed, fault-tolerant, and large-scale system
- Has experience crunching numbers with Python tools such as Pandas
- Agrees that “Danger Zone” by Kenny Loggins is the perfect soundtrack for releases, even though releasing software is easier than flying a fighter jet
EnergyHub is a Brooklyn-based startup located in the historic Old American Can Factory by the Gowanus Canal. We provide a cloud-hosted software platform for managing energy use in homes and small businesses. Currently we manage the electrical consumption of hundreds of thousands of homes, or the equivalent of a nuclear power station, and we are rapidly growing our way to 1 million homes. EnergyHub offers great benefits, including: company-paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents, 401(k) with employer match, stock options, paid vacations, delicious snacks, foosball, and more!
As a team, we:
- Like Java, but love Python
- Juggle data using the right tool for the job – SQL, NoSQL, and a mixture of pandas, SciPy, and IPython
- Scale horizontally
- Keep a clean house using dev tools such as git and Jenkins
- Are open to trying out new technologies, languages, and ideas
How to Apply
To apply, send the following to email@example.com
- Your resumé
- Why you’re excited to work at EnergyHub
- Some code. This can take the form of a link to any of your open source projects, your github/bitbucket username, a code sample, or an app you wrote.