Full-Time Senior Software Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Chronotrack Systems is looking for an experienced backend software developer to help advance our growing product line. Our company’s mission is to enhance the experience of athletes and organizers of endurance events, like marathons, triathlons and mud-runs. Chronotrack currently supplies services and equipment to the world’s top endurance events like the New York Marathon, the Paris Marathon, and hundreds of others.
While the events are fun, the data flow to support our live services is serious business. The stack behind our live product line consists of distributed backend services written in Scala, Java, Ruby, and Python and front end services written in Zend PHP. These services process data, interact with social networks, and perform a variety of tasks that require scale using technologies like memcached, mysql, S3, DynamoDB, Reddis, RabbitMQ, Gridgain, and various other distributed technologies. We’re looking for a developer experienced and comfortable in this kind of environment who wants to develop software in the exciting and growing global market of endurance sports.
- Experience with Scala or Java or Python
- Memcached, Mysql, S3, DynamoDB, Reddis, RabbitMQ, Gridgain, and various other distributed technologies
- Ability to get things done in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience writting web applications (MVC)
- Experience developing REST services and SOA
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Self starter and the ability to work independently is a must
We have two development locations, Detroit Michigan and Washington D.C. We prefer someone to be close to these locations, but telecommute is also a possibility for the right candidate.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a stimulating work environment. Great development setup with a Macbook Pro and anything else that will make you more productive. We encourage and subsidize conference participation and continuing education. We love open-source, both using and supporting. We believe in fostering a workplace where team members can be productive and happy.
How to Apply
Apply using the following link: