Full-Time Senior Python/Django Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Pop-Up Pantry is the subscription club for food lovers, delivering three-course restaurant-quality dinners — crafted by top chefs and curated to your taste — all for the price of take-out.
We are looking for a leader in open-source back-end development — someone who can spearhead the core python development for our django-based ecommerce site and operations systems. You are someone who believes in the open-source community, likes to solve problems and enjoys a small agile working environment. We are a growing start-up based in Hollywood, with a rapidly expanding national customer base. (You can read more about our launch in TechCrunch http://techcrunch.com/2012/07/26/pop-up-pantry-seed/)
This is a full-time position based at our beautiful loft in Hollywood. We’re a fun, super-dedicated group of folks: https://popuppantry.com/about/.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Core development of all back-end modules for Pop-Up Pantry’s web site
- Testing and deployment of code in a linux-based deployment environment
- Helping lead decisions on A/B testing for both the front and back-end
- Working with our front-end developers to integrate and release code
- Integrating with outside web services, including but not limited to inventory and shipping technologies
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 2+ years in a python and/or django back-end development
- A history of working independently and in teams
- Creativity and a desire to innovate
- Experience working in e-commerce
- A passion for people and food
How to Apply
Email jobs (at) popuppantry (dot) com with the subject line “Back-End Python Developer” and include with your resume and salary requirements, along with a link to your github and any recent work you think we should see. AND PLEASE: In your email tell us something about yourself … what is exciting to you in open-source development right now; a favorite dish you discovered after getting lost in a foreign land; some of the blogs you read; your favorite talk at a recent conference. We want to hire someone who is more than just an expert in this field, but someone who is as passionate about building Pop-Up Pantry, so share with us!