Freelance Senior Python Django / AppEngine Developer Job
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We’re looking for a Senior Python Developer with significant Back-end Development experience under his belt to help us bring Eyeball to market and change the way people buy and sell properties.
- Develop the server side application using Google AppEngine (Python)
- Building fast, testable, scalable systems, manage latency and caching cleverly is key.
- RESTful API to support the front end client (Backbone.js) and mobile clients.
- Develop the WebRTC conference server side module based on external APIs.
- Design robust and loosely coupled application code.
- Meet the deadlines.
Contract duration: 3 months (full time) extendable
You’re a professional developer who can manage his tasks to achieve excellent results on time.
You must enjoy a fast-paced, high-responsibility environment. You will be part of a small team that is working together to create and continuously improve the feature set and architecture of the application.
Have a good portfolio of projects as well as good reviews.
- Python: Google AppEngine, Django
- Python TDD: UnitTest, Nose, Mock
- Google Services: Google Cloud Storage (with Boto), BlobStore
- NoSQL databases: Google Datastore, MangoDB
- Experience with large scale applications
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Experience with: ChannelAPI, WebSockets, XMPP
- Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, other cloud services
#Excellent if you have:
- WebRTC experience
- Video streaming experience
- Video processing experience
#Should be second nature:
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix system and administration
- Very good data structure, software design and OOP experience
- Love for good, clean and testable code
We’re an Agile/SCRUM environment where your opinions will matter (and will be debated).
All of our meetings and communications are in Slack / Trello / Skype / Google Hangouts / GitHub.
Selected candidates will go through 3 part interview to verify their skills:
- Coding task
- Skype technical interview
- Final interview to learn more about you and discuss the project
Learn more about us: www.eyball.it