Full-Time Python Developer: Python | Twisted
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Python Developer: Python | Twisted
Your challenge – as Python Developer: Python | Twisted:
Ready for a real challenge, solving complex distributed systems and cloud scale computing problems? This is an opportunity to bring your experience to an open source provider with big aspirations. Your challenge is to produce highly effective software that addresses data portability and resilience issues for modern virtualised applications.
Your role – as Python Developer: Python | Twisted:
With our engineering leadership team in place we are now hiring for Senior Engineer colleagues. You will be writing leading-edge Python, using the Twisted framework. These are technical roles, in a TDD pair programming environment, with a flat team structure where everyone contributes to all aspects of the product. Our team includes recognised open source contributors, has a relaxed can-do culture and encourages knowledge sharing. You may be ready to lead on architecture, or you may prefer to concentrate on design and implementation initially. You can anticipate ample opportunity to progress and diversify your skills as the organisation evolves.
About you – as Python Developer: Python | Twisted:
- You bring extensive experience with at least two of: distributed systems | storage | networking | containers
- You are experienced with event-driven asynchronous network programming or multi-threading
- You are familiar with best practices in TDD, automated testing and software quality assurance
- You bring experience designing for resilient distributed systems
Example initiatives include:
- Architecting and building next generation storage and cluster management infrastructure for containers
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff | Designing architecture and communicating it to a wider team
- Code review | Pair programming | Writing technical documentation
- Blogging on technical subjects you care about | Giving talks at technical events
Salary and benefits:
- £60,000 – £100,000+ (negotiable)
- Discretionary relocation assistance
- 25 days + bank holidays | flexible hours | remote working | pension | Cyclescheme | good coffee | on site restaurant
Open source provider of distributed systems, storage and cluster management tools whose product solves complex data and container problems for engineers worldwide. With a relaxed can-do culture and a flat management structure, our global team has the leadership, engineering capability, market opportunity and investment to make significant impact. After 5 years in R&D, we need your help as we takes our first product to market and scale to deliver. Effective software design is at the heart of our organisation and fundamental to our future.
Central Bristol; near Temple Meads station and commutable from Bath, Chippenham, Reading, Swindon etc.
Please talk with techfolk, our recruitment partner, to find out more:
0117 318 2447 | firstname.lastname@example.org | @we_are_techfolk
How to Apply
Please email your cv and covering letter to email@example.com quoting job ref TL69P or apply via our website at http://www.techfolk.co.uk/current-jobs/senior-python-developer-python-twisted-tl69p