Full-Time Senior Python Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We’re looking for an excellent Python developer to be part of a four-strong team of experienced Pythonistas, working on a challenging, ‘big data’ app. The app uses technologies like elasticsearch, Django, Redis, Postgresql, Circus for managing multiple processes and SaltStack for provisioning multiple servers in Amazon’s EC2. Experience in any of those is a plus, but writing good, robust, scalable, parallelisable software is what we’re really after. You will definitely learn from us, but we also want to learn from you!
All developers at Adaptive Lab are expected to:
- Write robust, high-quality, well tested and well thought-through code.
- Follow our coding style guides, git branching strategies and code review steps.
- Follow our agile development process.
- Participate fully in planning, estimating and retrospective sessions.
- Collaborate with colleagues and participate in pairing sessions.
- Communicate concerns early on.
- Ask for help when needed.
As a senior developer, you will additionally:
- Contribute to the company’s development methodology and actively improve our processes.
- Play an active part in defining the architecture and features of the products we create.
- Lead by example, striving for code excellence.
- Share your knowledge with the team and beyond, with talks, blog posts, demos and the like.
We’re open and transparent about the way in which we work, which we publish as our development methodology and iteratively improve upon. We’d love to hear your thoughts on it.
For this role, you need to:
- Be available for an interview in person, in London and to have the right to work in the UK.
- Have a Degree in Computer Science or a proven track record.
- Have a minimum of three years of commercial experience, developing applications in Python and Django (or another web framework).
- Have a good understanding of different data stores and their uses.
- Have an understanding of the performance implications of handling ‘Big Data’ and strategies for dealing with them.
You get bonus points if:
- You have a good understanding of statistics and analytics.
- You’ve worked in teams, in an agile development environment.
- You have experience in server administration.
- You’ve designed and built RESTful APIs.
- You have a good knowledge around internet security issues and authentication strategies.
We don’t expect every candidate to match all of that precisely, but you need to be willing and able to learn and adapt.
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please contact email@example.com with a cover letter, CV and a link to any social profiles you maintain e.g. LinkedIn, StackOverflow, Github. We look forward to meeting you