Full-Time Senior Python Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our mission: To interpret the Earth’s most threatening data.
– Senior Python Developer –
We tell our customers when bad weather is going to disrupt, delay, or damage their business. Our product provides high-level intelligence and low-level analysis on weather risk for supply chain managers, business continuity professionals, commodity traders, and oil/gas operators. Here’s President Obama looking at our map: http://news.yahoo.com/photos/u-president-barack-obama-looks-…
We’re looking for a couple of developers to join our team. Tools we work with include Python, Celery, Redis, MySQL, Postgres, Backbone, nginx, AWS
* Able to rapidly gain (and enjoy gaining) new expertise in a previously-foreign, non-technical domain (e.g. weather, earthquakes, wildfires, solar flares)
* Derive joy from seeing huge leaps forward in the customer experience
* Mastery in a non-technical discipline (i.e. you are not only a great developer, but also a master at jazz music, mountain climbing, chess, skiing … something that has taught you how to think beyond a keyboard).
* Ability to collaboratively apply the design principles of Stormpulse to new projects
* Not satisfied with a compromise — always pursue the possibility that two seemingly contradictory goals can be simultaneously achieved through great feats of design / engineering
* Derives pleasure from the final aesthetic
How to Apply
Interested? Reach us at email@example.com