Full-Time Senior Python Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We’re searching for a Senior Python Developer who can deploy innovative solutions for a variety of projects. You’ll stay abreast of the latest developments and trends in internet-based technologies. You’ll also design and then build highly dynamic, data-driven internet-based platforms. Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to helping design and then build highly dynamic, data-driven Internet-based platforms.
- 3 to 5+ years of Web development experience
- Experience building and deploying Python based Web solutions
- Experience designing data schemas and integrating relational as well as schema less (NoSQL) databases into Web solutions
- Experience with Web Services, preferably RESTful, server-side as well as client-side
- Experience building Web solutions utilizing a Content Management System (CMS)
- Proven track record as technical team member
- Strong Python skills (certifications desired), including proficiency in:
- Python. Experience with python web application frameworks ecosystem, development experience in – pylons/pyramid
- Web services, RESTful & dealt with JSON Format
- NoSQL. Preferred experience with MongoDB (with ORM tool like MongoEngine).
- IDE tools such as Eclipse with PyDev
- HTML and CSS
- Web administration skills on Web server and application server products; prefer Apache with WSGI.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL, relational data models and database systems, especially in support of Web sites and related architectures
- Experience deploying Cloud-based Web solutions, e.g. to Rackspace/Amazon desired
- Solid understanding of Web and mobile user interfaces and how they effect application design
- Expertise in the authoring of technical requirements and the requirements definition process
- Help lead technical design and implementation of practical, maintainable project solutions
- Help lead peer-level code reviews
- Maintain a consistent focus on quality for the entire project
- Encourage team awareness and appropriate adoption of emerging technologies
- Mentor more junior team members in utilizing new technical skills
- Work comfortably within a dynamic, challenging environment while understanding the importance of meeting client delivery deadlines
- Maintain open communications on current project status, risks and challenges
What’s unique about Digitas? We are the top integrated brand agency with digital at our core and offices in 19 countries. We build active brands that inspire people to take action. We create business impact for Fortune 500 multi-national brands by pairing marketing, technology, creativity, media, and analytics. We’re leading the industry in mobile and social. What else? We have fun. We celebrate talent, we eat bagels together on Fridays, we let loose during creative recess, we compete at Digibowl tournaments, and we get dirty volunteering together in our communities. We have a one-of-a-kind culture. It’s the reason that, in the last two years alone, we’ve earned spots on over 20 awards lists like Coolest Places to Work and Best Companies to Work For. We have an environment at Digitas that fuels us to stay at the forefront of our industry.
For more information, visit www.digitas.com
How to Apply
Please contact Bill Thibodeau – email@example.com or apply here: