Full-Time Senior Python Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Axcient is the leading provider of data backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery services to the SMB market and we’re looking to add the best and brightest to our team. At Axcient we’re revolutionizing the way that small and medium-sized businesses protect their data. We’re taking on an industry that has been dominated by legacy software companies for decades and standing it on its head by leveraging virtualization and cloud technologies, and by thinking outside the box and challenging the status quo. We’re a team of disruptors committed to building the next market leader in the $4B data protection services market. We’re a group of innovators who want to change the industry forever.
Axcient has been recognized by CRN as one of the 20 Coolest Storage Vendors of 2010, one of Everything Channel’stop emerging vendors for 2009 and 2010, and is well funded by top tier Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We are seeking additional innovative marketing specialists to join us on our mission to market our leading-edge data protection & business continuity solutions that change the whole model of the way things have been done by the “Big Guys” of software and storage for the last 15 years.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Senior Python Developer will play a pivotal role in the development of Anxcient ‘s new Cloud Failover service.
- Participate in the architecture, design and development of secure, infinitely scalable, mission critical Cloud Computing and Storage components
- Meaningful, recent development experience with most of the following is required:
- Linux systems code development, including kernel components and drivers
- Products deployed in extremely high availability ‘six nines’ data center environments
- Large distributed file systems in the multi-petabyte range
- Monitoring and alerting tools for ‘Zero down’ time linux environments
- Linux applications running in VM environments
- Cloud computing and storage
- Optional, but highly desirable skill sets:
- Shell scripting
- Unit test frameworks in the linux environment
- Experience with svn and jira
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
How to Apply
Click here to apply