Full-Time Senior Front-End Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The world of biology is increasingly digitised. Today, ACTG ≡ 0 & 1.
Desktop Genetics is recruiting talented front-end developers to build the next generation of tools for editing living operating systems.
We are hiring a FRONT-END ENGINEER to join our full-time team of 6 and spearhead R&D in London. You will design and implement new user-facing applications, specialising in building responsive and elegant web-based genetic engineering tools. You will write client-side code to create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications. You will help shape our vision for a streamlined, beautiful way to engineer living organisms and hack biology to do amazing things. Our experts will train you in biology.
The ideal candidate is:
- Expert with Python web frameworks: Pyramid, Flask
– Expert with core web technologies: HTML5 CSS3, JacaScript
– Experienced with: PostgreSQL, Alchemy, Flask, Pyramid, Selenium
– Loves automated testing, in a very healthy way
– Familiar with RDBMS concepts and ACID principle
– Understands Agile development lifecycle, source control tools, Git
– Able to apply software development principles: KISS, DRY, SOLID, YAGNI, TTD/DBB
– Able to communicate complex technical ideas fluently in English
– Legally allowed to work in the EU, and can relocate to London (essential)
– Experienced at managing teams
– A graduate of a relevant postgraduate degree or 5+ years industry experience
How to Apply
If you want to help advance research in multiple fields of biology, be constantly challenged, and be a valued member of the most exciting technology startups in the UK, send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com