Full-Time Senior Developer/Data Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We’re looking for a Senior Developer/Data Engineer to join our technical team in Bristol. You’ll be both working with cutting-edge Big Data technologies and liaising with our partners – all household names in social media – to extend and enhance the UK’s leading Social TV analytics platform. You’ll be the technical lead and client point of contact on some of these projects.
We expect this role to be based in Bristol, and it will involve some travel to clients based in London and potentially overseas. We may consider remote working for exceptional London-based candidates.
We offer an enjoyable startup environment, and the opportunity to be ‘in early’ – you’ll have a real and lasting effect on the technical direction and strategy of the company. We have a lovely, easy-going working environment alongside Aardman, near the SS Great Britain.
We’ll be asking you to solve a interesting problems and we’ll provide you with the tools and colleagues to help you solve them.
You’ll receive a salary of between £30k and £45k, depending on experience – and free coffee!
Experience and Qualifications
- You will be able to demonstrate experience of systems architecture, and have delivered projects integrating data from multiple sources
- You are comfortable talking to clients and working on multi-stakeholder projects in an agile environment
- You will be highly skilled in at least one programming language (Python strongly preferred) and have some level of experience with a few more
- You will be able to demonstrate experience with at least one high-level web framework (we use Django), and have developed at least one REST API
- Being confident with SQL, you will be able to demonstrate experience with relational data stores. You have at least dabbled with non-relational stores
- You understand the value of automated testing, deployment and monitoring, and have experience in each
- You probably have a good degree in a software, technical or mathematics-related discipline (although we’ll consider anyone who can demonstrate their ability)
- Any experience with Hadoop, Cassandra, natural language processing, video processing/computer vision, graph theory or statistical analysis
- Front end development skills
Strictly no agencies please.
How to Apply
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include any profiles on GitHub, StackOverflow, Bitbucket etc. that you’d like us to look at.