Full-Time Senior Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
What is an Odopod Senior Developer?
Senior Developers lead project development at Odopod. They are responsible for planning and implementing the code that drives our projects as well as collaborating with other developers and vendors to execute on larger projects.
Creative Problem Solver
Odopod’s Senior Developers are expected to solve complex engineering problems quickly and smartly. They contribute their ideas at various stages of the project, including having a strong voice in application architecture, investigating solutions, and finding ways to innovate.
Senior Developers are motivated to learn new languages and skills in order to expand their opportunities for unique projects. They participate in industry events and share what they learn back to the studio.
• Provide technical planning, development, and systems integration on client engagements from definition phase through implementation
• Facilitate communication of technical matters among internal team as well as external partners and client contacts
• Write code and assist with asset production
• Delegate programming tasks to other team members, providing oversight as needed
• Work with producers to identify and address project status issues
• Participate in early stages of concept development and brainstorming
• Mentor developers by sharing new tools and techniques
• Assist Producers and/or Executive Producer in the creations of requirements, timelines, and estimates for projects and new business opportunities
• Research and share industry innovations and trends
• Identify opportunities to improve our methodologies
• Promote Odopod through publishing and speaking engagements
• Have 5+ years development experience
• Prefer experience with server-side languages such as Python and PHP and associated frameworks like Django and Symfony
• Have experience with task planning and estimating effort
• Approach technical challenges with an open mind and desire to innovate
• Comfortable working with a variety of code libraries and programming styles
• Appreciate great design and thrive in a creative environment
• Have experience working on small to medium‐sized teams
• Communicative and clear under tight deadlines
• Have strong personal organization and attention to detail
• Are flexible and adaptable to both organizational and project-level changes