NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Timetric pulls data from hundreds of sources. We have to sort it all out, and we have to provide meaningful access to it. We have to provide tools to let our staff curate it and provide content around it. We do all this through services communicating on, and through the web; we believe whole-heartedly in the web as architecture.
We also believe strongly in the devops philosophy – there aren’t any dedicated sysadmins here. All our deployment and server configuration is fully automated; written and maintained by our backend staff.
We’d love to hear from people who are enthused by the problems of handling complex data; in building resilient systems, and in providing a service the world needs.
You’ll need to have:
- Python (or significant Ruby experience).
- Very comfortable within Linux environment.
- Working knowledge of bash scripting.
- Experience of using distributed version control, ideally git.
- Experience of working with open-source tools.
And it would be really great if you also had some of:
- Comfortable with basic HTML/CSS.
- Django experience.
- Postgres experience.
- Chef experience (or other automated configuration management tool).
- Familiarity with AWS stack.
- General understanding of devops issues.
- Numerical/scientific/mathematical background.
- Working knowledge of economics.
- Published open-source software author.
How to Apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org