13 Mar 2017
Full-Time Seasoned Backend Engineer
At MindMeld, we build AI applications that customers really care about and that can be built today utilizing large scale machine learning and natural language understanding. Our Conversational AI platform enables us to build a high accuracy experience for a new domain in as little as 8 weeks. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will own several components and features of the MindMeld Conversational AI platform, as well as play a major role in one of several proof of concept or production deployments for Fortune 500 companies. You will join a team trying to achieve state-of-the-art end-to-end accuracy (>99%) for a large vocabulary knowledge domain and satisfy the long tail of user requests. You will primarily code in python and leverage a host of libraries and frameworks. You will use crowdsourcing tools like Amazon Mechanical Turk extensively for data collection. As an early member of the Engineering Team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build critical product features and infrastructure while shaping the direction of the team and the company.
You have a passion for and deep experience in building complex software systems. You thrive in an agile development process. You look forward to joining a high caliber team of machine learning and natural language processing experts. You’re not just looking for a job, you’re looking for an innovative product where you can make a large impact. You’re self-driven and set high expectations for yourself. You take ownership and sweat the small stuff. You thrive on constructive feedback. You insist that facts drive decisions. You deliver results that matter.
- Work on the industry’s most advanced Conversational AI Platform in an Agile (Scrum) test-driven development environment
- Architect and design major components of the MindMeld platform and continue to improve them with the goal to maximize scalability, performance and availability
- Build high accuracy experiences for Fortune 500 companies using MindMeld’s best practices from 4+ years of experience
- Work closely with Product Management and QA and deliver world-class products on schedule
- Mentor engineers, enforce best practices and promote constant learning via code reviews, tech talks etc.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Expertise architecting and developing scalable REST API
- Fluency in Python or other similar languages
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Proficiency with relational or NoSQL databases
- Desire to work on a highly scalable and available system used by millions of users daily
- Machine Learning and Natural Language Understanding experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills
How to Apply
Please go to www.mindmeld.com/jobs to apply directly from our page!