Full-Time Python Web Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Arc90 is looking for a talented Python developer to join our team.
- Are a smart, motivated, focused person who enjoys crafting great software.
- Have a strong understanding of Python.
- Have a broad range of interests when it comes to development. When building software, you tend to have the users’ experience in mind.
- Have a bias towards shipping software. You understand technical debt and why it is sometimes necessary.
- Can sling together a JOIN or two in SQL.
- Have an in-depth understanding of programming as a craft. This doesn’t necessarily mean a BS in Computer Science or anything, but if you’ve got one, great.
- Understand the benefits of writing tests.
- Are either in or moving to NYC (preferred), or are in the Americas and particularly great at working remotely.
- If you’re living in the United States, you’re qualified to work here without sponsorship. (Sorry, we can’t currently sponsor H1-B candidates.)
- Are a good communicator and enjoy working with teams of smart folks. If you’re a cowboy coder, look elsewhere.
It’d be nice if you:
- Have experience with a WSGI web framework (like Django or similar).
- Have experience scaling websites.
- Understand and enjoy HTTP and RESTful web applications.
Arc90 is a small firm of design-driven passionate technologists who work in Midtown Manhattan. We wear a lot of hats, both as an organization and as individuals. We have a dual business model: one one hand we’re a full service web consulting firm, on the other we’re a product incubator. You may have heard of our products Readability and Kindling.
As a result, we have a ton of ideas, some of which we explore on our lab; the trouble is finding time to follow through on them. We choose carefully, and we still have a full portfolio of exciting things to work on. And we always have a steady flow of work, so there’s plenty of room for long term growth as well.
At Arc you’ll be part of a tight-knit, supportive, creative, collaborative community where we’re all passionate about building great user experiences, learning new skills and techniques, and doing the right thing.
How to Apply
Please email a short cover letter and resume to email@example.com. When you apply, please provide a few Python code samples with your resume. Applications without code samples will not be considered!