Full-Time Python Web Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
At Curse, you will have the opportunity to work with a young, growing team of passionate and talented individuals making a living doing what they love. Curse’s mission is to provide information and tools to help core gamers succeed in online worlds. We are a team that builds web properties ranging from databases and wikis to guild hosting and add-on management. Curse has a start-up atmosphere, combining the hunger for success with a work environment that revolves around what we have a passion for – online games. With offices in San Francisco and Huntsville, a solid, profitable business model providing the foundation for growth and competitive salaries and benefits, Curse empowers its employees to accomplish great things.
Job Title: Python Web Developer
Reports to: Team Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Huntsville (On site only)
Will be responsible for the development of web applications and services written in Python and related technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Plan, design, develop, debug, implement and support Python web applications.
* Update existing web applications to fix bugs, improve features, and add new services.
* Deliver high quality updates in a fast paced environment while ensuring deadlines and expectations are met.
* Work in a team environment with shared code and disciplined use of distributed source control.
* Working knowledge of Python 2.6/2.7 web development
* Familiarity with the following frameworks and technologies: werkzeug, wtforms, sqlalchemy, jinja2, django, redis, fabric, Mercurial, Subversion, git, wsgi, PostgreSQL
* Strong work ethic and ability to self-manage
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Computer Science or MIS degree or equivalent professional experience.
* 3+ years of Python development experience
How to Apply
Interested in this position? Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject line. Also please note this job board, where you first saw the position listed.