Temporary Python Testing
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Undergraduate degree or Graduate degree with 8-10 years of experience in the software industry working with and testing complex embedded applications.
• Solid knowledge of Linux. Proficient at installation, configuration, and troubleshooting at the application, OS and networking level.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, including administration.
• Solid knowledge of Bash and Python scripting, Perl is a plus.
• Knowledge of HTML and XML, and processing these standards in Python or other languages.
• Familiar with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit.
• Working knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++, and experience with cross compilation.
• Familiar with protocols such as telnet and SSH.
• Network Administration experience with Windows/Linux networks.
• Knowledgeable in QA process and methodology
• Proven track record delivering quality software in a fast paced, dynamic environment consisting of a culturally diverse set of people.
• Hands on experience with the use of various defect tracking systems (i.e. JIRA, Bugzilla, TeamTrack, Test Track, Remedy) and source code management systems (especially Subversion).
• Able to easily achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems.
• Excellent Communication skills (both verbal and written). Able to clearly articulate complex technical issues in a straight forward and concise manner.
• Proficient in reading and understanding technical data sheets.
• Flexible and adaptable in meeting the changing needs of the department and business.