Full-Time Python Technical Trainer / Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Enthought seeks talented Python developers with a passion for learning and teaching and solid experience in using Python for scientific computing / data science applications. You’ll be based out of our downtown Austin office where you’ll spend about 50% of the time working on strategic technical projects; the other 50% of the time you’ll travel to great cities to teach Enthought’s world-class Python workshops to scientists, engineers, analysts, and data scientists across a range of industries.
Reporting to the VP of Training Solutions, Python Technical Trainers must be diligent, organized, versatile, and collaborative. Mandatory job requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related area of computer science, mathematics, engineering, or science
• 2+ years of experience using Python for scientific computing (e.g., analysis, engineering, science, modeling, data science)
• 2+ years of teaching experience in any subject (e.g., trainer, college / university instructor or teaching assistant, or other)
• Strong organizational & project management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must be willing and able to travel regularly (approximately 2 weeks per month on average) to teach Python workshops
Key Job Responsibilities
• Teach live workshops on Python for scientific computing / data science across the U.S. and/or internationally
• When in Austin, work on strategic technical projects such as training content development, product development, consulting support
• Work with VP of training to maintain and enhance training content, tools, processes, and infrastructure
Enthought was founded in 2001 and is a global leader in scientific software computing, with particular expertise in the Python programming language. Our software products, training solutions and consulting services are used by customers worldwide to accelerate innovation in a broad array of industries. Our clients include the most recognized names and respected brands in technology, finance, energy, consumer products and more. Enthought is a highly collaborative, low hierarchy place. People that thrive at Enthought are passionate about life and work, intellectually curious, dedicated to doing quality work, friendly and fun. Based in Austin, Enthought also has offices in Cambridge (England) and Mumbai (India).
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.