Full-Time Python Software Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
4 full time opportunities for Software Engineers, developing and maintaining Python web based applications run on Unix based open source platforms. Our software is utilized by over 100,000 customers on a 24/7 basis requiring well planned, robust implementations to streamline the user experience. Our team includes smart people who appreciate talented goal seekers, continuous learning, experimentation and a lust for creating and implementing cutting edge technologies. We welcome those who share these passions to apply.
• Python and related tool chains (pip, distribute, fabric, virtualenv).
• Experience with UNIX development tools (make, shell scripting).
• Document Oriented databases (MongoDB) and SQL (PostgreSQL).
• Test Driven Development (TDD).
• Be assertive and have good communication skills.
• Comfortable working in an informal, high-energy environment.
• Relocation assistance maybe available to qualified candidates.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
• Developing web based services like AWeber.com, and others.
• Participating in the evolution to Python, MongoDB, SQLAlchemy, and Pylons system wide.
• Being part of a team that provides 24×7 coverage for the production environment.
• Monitoring the production environment and fixing or escalating problems that arise on production machines.
• Handling project oriented work, including developing and maintaining APIs, creating and maintaining web applications & training others in the production environment.
• Capacity and performance optimization and planning recommendations.
• Designing program models and behaviors.
• Integrating new tools into our processes and suggesting new ways of improving systems.
Located in Huntingdon Valley, PA AWeber develops and manages an online opt-in email marketing and follow-up service. A growing 100,000+ international customer base access our website 24/7 to manage and send their newsletters to recipients who have specifically opted in on their website to receive that information.
• Company paid PPO medical, dental, and vision health insurance. (including domestic partner benefits)
• 3 weeks paid time off.
• Paid holidays.
• 401K retirement benefits with company match and profit sharing.
• Free daily catered lunches, soda, juice, and coffee.
• MacBook Pro laptops and 30″ monitors for all development team members.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• Wii and Xbox 360 high definition theatre projection system.
How to Apply
Please email with the subject Software Engineer a cover letter describing why you feel this is the position for you, salary requirements, your preferred desktop OS and detailed PDF resume.
Cover letters are great; we read lots of them, but we’re also open to video cover letters. They’re not required, but if you send one, we promise to watch it!