Full-Time Python Software Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
YouView will change the way we watch TV for ever and transform the daily viewing experience of the UK television audience. It’s a brilliantly simple way to find and watch the programmes you love. YouView combines live channels with on-demand, unlocking a world of content and services, and bringing web-based services and interactive extras to the living room TV.
YouView’s Device Integration team have a central role in assisting Device Manufacturers to achieve a high quality implementation of a YouView system. This role, within the Integration team, gives a strong software engineer the opportunity to develop systems that can creatively and efficiently utilise an environment and many devices to execute many varieties of test procedures; ultimately supporting the success of high quality consumer devices and reducing their time to market.
Within the Integration team, a skilled engineer will work with a team of other developers, systems engineers, DVB experts and embedded device engineers, to develop frameworks and tools, to be delivered as part of test suites, which are used to measure device software development and device compliance to industry specifications.
We are currently recruiting for junior, mid-level and senior Python Software Engineers to join the team. The roles will give the opportunity to work alongside device software developers, and gain exposure of embedded software development.
· Development and maintenance of complex automation and reporting systems
· Development of tools to create applications for test management
· Development of automated testing systems
· Expand YouView’s test products
· Decrease testing effort
· Improve the ability to report and manage results, test cases and device development tracking
· Strong Python expertise
· Shell scripting
· Software development experience
· Worked under modern project management delivery methodologies (e.g. Agile)
· Expertise in database modelling and development
· Possess a strong appreciation for development with a view to creating open/clear API
· Experience with object-orientated methodologies is mandatory
· Strong software modelling and design skills
· Proficient with use of Design Patterns
· Experience of Unit, Integration and Acceptance Testing
· Experience of Test Driven Development
· Strong analytical skills
· Additionally, excellent communication skills, with ability to articulate problems and solutions, especially in diagram formats (specifically using UML)
· HTML and CSS (HTML5 good to have)
· Experience of workflow tracking (e.g. Jira)
· SCM tools (specifically SVN / Git)
• Experience with other object orientated development and programming languages (C++, Java)
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org