Full-Time Python Software Development Engineer, AWS Developer Resources
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
In this role, you will be the voice of AWS to System Operators / Administrators. You will design and implement tools and features to enable System Operators / Adminstrators to harness the power of AWS cloud computing. You will build sample applications that demonstrate best practices for using Amazon Web Services. You will have strong development skills and be interested in releasing open source software. Experience contributing to open source Python frameworks a plus.
If you are:
- Passionate about Python API design
- Thrive in a startup-like environment
- Strive to get it right the first time
- Aim to improve your work with each release
Then we want to talk to you.
Join the Developer Resources team and help bring the power of AWS cloud computing to the Python community!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ years relevant work experience
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience in writing high-performance and reliable Python code
- Strong passion for developing APIs that provide a great customer experience
- Understanding of web services technologies such as HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- A self-starter who is motivated to take ownership of projects and drive tasks to completion.
How to Apply
To apply directly please use this link
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **