Full-Time Python Programmer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The mission of FlexTrade’s Predictive Analytics group is to develop sophisticated techniques that improve client executions. The group develops models using an in-house backtesting platform and publishes actionable volume and return forecasts via its FlexEdge module. Our in-house environment is Python / NumPy / SciPy running on Red Hat Linux.
This position gives the candidate a unique opportunity to gain experience developing real-time server systems and improving a cutting-edge model development environment. The position also offers substantial exposure to the trading industry and the field of finance.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate critical thinking skills, technical proficiency, and ability to excel in a small, tightly-knit team.
· Add features to and fix bugs in the research environment
· Implement forecasting analytics and associated libraries
· Implement custom features and modules required for new production deployments
· Refactor production and research code
· Benchmark and optimize performance and memory consumption
Responsibilities (Support and Testing):
· Maintain and improve testing of model development environment
· Resolve alerts from production software during market hours
· Document code and system specs
· 2+ years of team software development experience
· 1+ years developing in a Unix environment
· In-depth knowledge of Python
· Excellent communication skills
Desired Skills / Background:
· Experience with NumPy / SciPy
· Familiarity with SQL / Postgres
· Experience manipulating large datasets
· Experience in financial services or a related field
· Familiarity with git or a similar DVCS
· Undergrad degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter highlighting your Python experience.