Full-Time Python Evangelist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
NOW HIRING: This position is full-time at our New York City office or remotely in the San Francisco area.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Pythonista to own the user experience for our new Python product and represent Code Climate in the software community you love.
- We need someone with a deep understanding of the Python community’s concerns and culture, and a desire to contribute back by delivering the very best in developer tools.
- As our resident Python expert you’ll play a critical role in product development and ensuring that we’re meeting the community’s needs. You’ll also be our ambassador and the internal advocate for their ongoing experience.
You’ll help us grow our product by:
- Fighting for the user. As the in-house expert we’ll be counting on you to have your finger on the pulse of the community and guide decisions to ensure our Python customers have an amazing experience.
- Contributing to Open Source projects. You’ll help us figure out how we can best give back to Python Open Source through product development and support.
- Engaging with people. You’ll identify outreach opportunities, create content, educate users and drive product adoption.
We are looking for someone who is awesome because:
- You Love OSS. We’re looking for someone who’s active in the Python Open Source community and loves the idea of helping project maintainers understand their needs around code quality and maintenance.
- You have a desire to see the world, one hotel ballroom at a time. As our face in the Python community you’ll travel to 5+ conferences a year, locally and internationally.
- You have experience speaking publicly about Python, Open Source, or some combination of the two.
- You have exceptional written and verbal skills that let you communicate effectively with developers of all skill levels.
Prior experience as a developer evangelist, contributions to major OSS Python projects, and marketing/sales experience, are all a plus.
Benefits & perks:
Equity grants We want everyone to feel like they own a part of the company.
An awesome vacation and travel policy We want you to get away and have fun just as much as we do.
Flexible work from home policy Some tasks are just done better in your nice comfy chair.
Attend your favorite conferences We’re all about learning and being part of the community.
Health insurance, dental, vision Code Climate pays the full premiums for every full-time employee.
How to Apply
To apply please send an email to Careers@codeclimate.com
Attach a current résumé. In your email, make sure you tell us why you’re interested in the company and position. Also, please provide samples of your work (code for an engineering role, otherwise an apporiate writing sample or salient links).