Full-Time Python Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Spil Games’ Software Engineering team is looking for a pragmatic Python Engineer.
We’re a group of Python hackers, and we mainly build internal products designed to have maximum business impact. We build tools and APIs (e.g., a highly available storage interface), some of which are open sourced. As a Python Engineer, you’ll not only work on business-critical applications, but will also be encouraged to initiate innovative side projects.
A typical day in our engineering team:
We always start with coffee. Then there’s a lot of coding to be done (either in pairs or alone), to fix bugs or add new features. We have stand-ups to help track our progress, and during lunch we play some games. Code commits go straight into our automated build system, and sometimes you’ll be pushing code to production multiple times a day. At the end of the day, you’ll have closed some tickets, added some tests, and made the software just that little bit better. Every couple of weeks we spend a day hacking stuff together to create great new things.
Must haves for this Python job:
- Fluent in Python and have experience with Django;
- Able to communicate well in person, in writing , and through APIs;
- Of an experimental mindset;
- Able to write simple, clean, well thought-out, and functioning code;
- Committed to helping your teammates be as great as you are, or even better;
- Able to take (sometimes fuzzy) ideas and make a product/feature out of them; and
- Experienced in agile development processes.
Bonus points for this job, if you have:
- Used one or more of the following: Bootstrap, EmberJS, Celery, Swift, Graphite, Sentry, Loggly, Statsd, Requests, Flask, Tornado, and Bottle;
- Learnt how products should be built in an agile fashion the hard way;
- Experience with high-volume/scale web apps;
- Experience working with cloud-based applications;
- Contributed to open-source projects;
- Managed/maintained more than 5 servers; and
- Been a mentor/Jedi master for juniors in the past.
Why join Spil Games?
Level up your career—be part of a rapidly growing leader in the online gaming industry, where playing games is all part of a day’s work. Spil Games also offers these great benefits:
- A competitive salary and bonus system
- Flexible hours (from 7 AM till 7 PM)
- A pension and collective health insurance plan
- Reimbursement for your daily commute
- Extras, such as a bike plan and canteen
- And, most importantly, training and development programs—because when you grow, we grow with you!
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking on the following link:
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Tessa te Kaat
International Corporate Recruiter
+31 (0)6 52314643