Full-Time Python (Django) Web Application Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Nixle is a community information service provider built exclusively to provide secure and reliable communications. It connects municipal agencies and community organizations to residents in real time, delivering information to geographically targeted consumers over their cell phones (via text messages), through e-mails and via Web access.
We are a privately-held company seeking a Senior Django Developer to assist in developing the pioneering Nixle service which includes multiple web-based applications. You will be working in a fast-paced, skilled, team environment and will be responsible for implementing new features of the Nixle service using Django. You will have broad exposure to the service architecture and features from the front-end dynamic UI to distribution engine.
- 1-5 years of industry experience
- Strong skills as a Django / Python software developer with experience designing and implementing web applications using the Django framework
- Experience working with HTML, CSS, and DOM
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- AJAX experience including developing with jQuery
- Candidate should be proactive, creative, productive and possess a natural attention to detail
- Strong skills working on multiple projects concurrently and relies heavily on teamwork
- A self-starter with a strong desire to learn new concepts in a small team environment
- The individual should be a strong communicator and be capable of driving technical issues to resolution
- Experience in participating in a formal- to light weight development process (requirements, design, implementation, risk and issues tracking, bug triages, testing and release)
- Flexible hours, Small team-Start-Up Environment
How to Apply
Click here to apply