Full-Time Python Developers
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Looking for mid-level programmers to help the Network Security Policy team develop infrastructure and policy tools. This job is for an infrastructure minded engineer looking to enjoy the challenge of automatically visualizing, verifying and validating the thousands of configuration policies across tens of thousands of devices. The primary focus of the position is automating policy development, deployment, audit, and maintenance involving large data sets. The candidate should have strong networking and programming skills, excellent problem solving skills and an appreciation for the scope and impact of their highly visible work. The candidate must possess a strong ability to develop model abstractions, multitask effectively, prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment, and work in a team environment.
- Mid-level (5+ years) software development experience is essential
- Proficient in Python programming and development; literate in C
- Has worked in high-performance/large-dataset Python: e.g. generator expressions, concurrency, multiprocessing, cProfiler, dis or your own techniques
- Able to interfaces with external APIs (Python Ctypes or SOAP, REST, etc)
- User knowledge of Git mandatory; continuous build (e.g. in Jenkins) knowledge nice
- Good understanding of networks – you enjoyed the TCP/IP Illustrated series
- Configuration management system experience desired (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, etc)
- Systems monitoring experience and/or understanding of SNMP useful (Nagios, Zabbix, Ganglia, Cacti, Graphite, MRTG, etc)
- Web literate
- Experience with web application framework desirable (Django, CherryPy, Flask, Bottle, etc)
- Network-level understanding of web standards desirable (AJAX, WebSockets, etc)
- Understanding of network security concepts such as firewalls, proxies, and traffic filters useful
- Experience with data manipulation and interchange useful (Hadoop or (No)SQL; XML, JSON, BSON, etc)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
- BA in computer science, statistics, or mathematics preferred
How to Apply
Contact Anthony Nystrom with Intridea directly.