Full-Time Python Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Shopventory helps merchants by automating their inventory management and providing powerful business intelligence so they increase their sales and save time. Our SaaS app has great traction with paying customers. We are a fast moving team of four dedicated to helping small businesses succeed, and we’re looking to add a fifth. We graduated TechStars Boulder and have raised $1.0 million in seed funding. Our company culture revolves around helping small businesses succeed and we’re looking for someone who shares these values.
Shopventory is looking for a Software Developer to join our team. The person in this position must be a great communicator, be passionate about technology, like collaborating, and love solving tough problems. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and an amazing team to work with!
We don’t care whether you went to college or that you have N years of experience. What we do care about is working with a fun team member who wants to build cool stuff and can take a leadership role in the business.
The Shopventory product is one part of a multi-product strategy for the company. Our customers include boutiques, salons, coffee shops, online merchants, and mobile merchants who sell at trade events such as Comic-Con. The Shopventory platform currently integrates with Square and Paypal, and is launching integrations with Clover and Shopify in the next month.
Here’s what you’d be working on:
- First 3 months: Get up to speed on the Shopventory platform. Then build a third- party integration with a POS (Point-of-sale) system that has a well-documented API (that will be our fifth integration).
- As part of the above, the team has identified several likely prospects for the next best POS system to integrate with. You will research APIs to in order to prioritize which POS systems to integrate with next.
- First 6 months: Introduce new features to the Shopventory platform. For example, our customers have been requesting in-app capability for tracking “kits” of multiple items. You’ll get to talk to customers about their needs, and really get to know customers’ aspirations and pain points.
- First 12 months: Introduce more intelligence and metrics into the product—identify nuggets of wisdom that would be useful for the user and then automate that process. If you’ve worked on or are interested in working on algorithms, clustering algorithms, or data mining, you’ll love this part of the job.
- Within the first 12 months, you will be THE product owner for the Shopventory product and have full discretion for the product. You’ll be creating specs, estimating the work, doing the technical work, and prioritizing new features.
Our tech stack:
- Django framework
- PostgresQL relational database
- Amazon cloud hosting
- Linux and MacOS (no Windows here)
- You should be an expert in a few of these, and interested in learning the rest.
Why join the Shopventory team?
- Join a fun team who talk all the time and enjoy working together
- Make a difference to small business owners all over the world
- Generous medical/dental/vision plans
- Snacks, coffee, and frequent team lunches provided
- New Apple computer and two Apple displays at work
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume via https://shopventory.workable.com/jobs/40477.