Full-Time Python Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Umbel is a high-energy, high-tech startup in Austin, Texas that is passionate about helping businesses build thriving, sustainable models powered by their ability to deeply understand and demonstrate the value of their audience.
We are seeking a Python Developer that loves to build incredible things. This position will work closely with all members of the product, development and engineering teams in a collaborative environment, which is diverse and open-minded. A successful candidate will obsess over high performance web development and database optimization, as well as feel comfortable in the cloud and know the latest techniques for developing and scaling web-apps.
- Write fantastic server-side code for web-apps
- Develop prototypes quickly and scale them
- Live in the cloud and love it
- Push back, think creatively and have fun forming products
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Django/Python (or Ruby on Rails) or similar
- Optimization techniques for performance
- Denormalized SQL
- Passion for NoSQL like MongoDB
- Security focused development
- Caching like Varnish & Memcached
- Cache invalidation and CDN usage
- Testing, such as performance, unit, browser, a/b and staging
- Actively blog, tweet and contribute to open source projects
- Development of native and web based mobile apps
- Delivering multimedia on a large scale
- Affinity for taxonomies & machine learning
Benefits of Working at Umbel:
- 100% employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- A supportive, challenging and fun team environment
- Awesome office location in downtown Austin
- The ability to grow your career and skill set
- Competitive compensation including cash and stock options
- A company that is young, agile and responsive to great ideas
How to Apply
Apply now at the Umbel engineering page!