Full-Time Python Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Are you passionate about web development? Looking for a way to have impact on millions of users every day? Eager to learn new technologies? This is the place for you!
We’re looking for developers with an adventurous mindset who want to be part of Spil Games’ journey through the changing world of online gaming. We want to extend our range across devices: if you can play games on it we want to be there! We’re building a platform that exposes our rich social architecture to game developers to help build their games faster and make the user experience richer.
To us understanding the web means more than how to render variables in templates or to pull objects from an ORM. As a back-end web developer you need to have spent time learning about networking software architecture web protocols and standards. You need to understand how to build RESTful applications in an architecture that has as much to do with performance and robustness as it has to do with security and precision. Most of all you need to be passionate about the web and the amazing impact it has on our daily lives! Be part of the big data revolution in gaming!
In this role you’ll work closely with Flash iOS and Android developers on creating back-end services that will bring our games to the next level. This collaboration will touch on subjects such as game logic tracking content delivery offline strategies A/B testing multiplayer components and so on. You will report to the Head of Technology.
The core tasks and responsibilities of this role include:
- Designing and developing dynamic large and scalable high-traffic web applications;
- Playing an active role in developing our platform architecture;
- Working together with peers in an agile team to deliver the highest quality of software;
- Participating in full life-cycle development including quality assurance;
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and applying them to your work;
- Contributing to unit integration and load tests; and
- Being agile releasing daily and remaining eager
- 3+ years of experience with high-volume high-availability web applications
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design (OOD/OOP) design patterns and pervasive QA (unit testing automated testing TDD and/or CI)
- Software engineer with experience in Python or PHP (or comparable)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and/or frameworks
- Willingness to explore experiment and find the right tool for the job
- Good communication skills in English both written and verbal
- In possession of a valid European work permit
About Spil Games
Spil Games is serious about play. We’re a fast, fun game developer and publisher; entrepreneurial like a startup, with the global reach of a multinational. People across six continents (and counting!) play Sara’s Cooking Class, Uphill Rush, Lose the Heat, and more Spil Games on mobile, tablet, desktop; anytime, anywhere.
- Multidisciplinary, agile, hi-tech environment
- 250+ staff of over 30 nationalities create localized gaming experiences
- Platforms draw 200 million monthly active users
- Strong believer in skills and talent, empowering a high performance culture
- ‘Come as you are, be as you are’ work philosophy
- Social, playful, informal vibe
- Head Office in The Netherlands (Hilversum, close to Amsterdam)
- See some of our work at www.agame.com, www.jeux.fr, www.girlsgogames.com and www.spelletjes.nl.
How to Apply
You can apply via this link: http://www.spilgames.com/careers/CandidatesPortalNoLogin/ApplicationForm.cfm?CFID=12549282&CFTOKEN=e60a80d45713becd-AFB6F8AB-DF72-7B96-F8C9D0A452B014E5&jsessionid=64303769a0cb04f9187518783527221d6121TR&PortalID=3773&VacatureID=562822