Full-Time Python Data Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are a small yet rapidly growing and well funded startup based in NYC.
What we do
Datadog is a unified data platform for dev and ops teams and offers a brand new way to manage applications and infrastructure in the cloud age. Our unique combination of data aggregation, visualization, and social interaction connects teams to all the tools and service providers they need to build and run reliable systems. We are a small but quickly growing and well funded startup based in NYC.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for an experienced developer to join our team and lead the design and implementation of high-throughput pipelines for processing, analyzing and querying data. Our platform ingests and analyzes billions of records every single day, the right candidate will help us take it to the next level.
Who you must be
- You have a BS, MS or PhD in CS or equivalent
- You have 5+ years of experience as a developer
- You have very solid fundamentals in math, algorithms, data structures and statistics
- You master python and at least two other high-level languages
- You consider yourself an expert in numerical processing – you know Numpy inside out
- You tend to obsess over performance and correctness
- You understand low-level programming well enough to drop to C or Cython when needed
- You are at home on a Linux production server
- You value simple solutions, write concise code, and believe in devops
- You want an opportunity to make it big by being a startup athlete
- You are fluent with Hadoop/Pig/Hive/Storm
- You are an expert with Pandas, Scikit-learn or other Python data libraries
- You implemented a metrics processing / CEP pipeline before
- You are a data visualization enthusiast. You love matplotlib and d3.js
- You have serious experience with the other tools we use: Cassandra, Postgres, Kafka, Redis, ElasticSearch, AWS, Chef… or you really want to learn about them
How to Apply
Please apply at http://jobs.datadoghq.com
Include links to your github, stackoverflow or other online projects.