Full-Time Principal Engineer – Python
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
EdX, a non-profit open source educational software company, is looking for a strong full stack software engineer to lead a growing group software engineers in building a world class data pipeline and reporting platform using cutting edge Big Data technologies. This highly visible team turns data into actionable insights supporting sound pedagogical and business decision making by internal and external stakeholders.
If you thrive on analytics and are seeking a highly visible Principal Engineering role – this is the opportunity for you. Our Analytics team mission is to build a platform to support both Business and Learning Analytics for edX. You will work with and learn from some of the best in the industry today. The ideal candidate will value teamwork, cutting edge technology and a vibrant start-up atmosphere to work in.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems.
- Understand and leverage key aspects of building operationally viable solutions.
- Support the open source community.
- Real-world experience with Python or other dynamic development languages.
- Demonstrated skills in building service oriented architectures.
- Test Driven Development.
- Experience working in a agile development environment.
- Committed to documentation best practices so your code can be consumed in an open source environment.
- BS in computer science or related degree from a top-tier institution.
- Experience with D3, Bootstrap, Backbone, and RequireJS.
- Contributor to or consumer of Open Source Frameworks.
- Competitive Compensation
- Generous Benefits Package
- Free Lunch Everyday
- A great working experience where everyone cares and wants to change the world (no, we’re not kidding)
How to Apply
EdX is using TrueAbility to look for potential candidates to fill their Principal Engineer – Python position. To apply, take an online interview where you can prove the technical skills that you have on a live server. Visit the link below to take your online technical interview now!