Full-Time Operations Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Do you like doing linux administration, deploying VM’s, and tweaking Python code? Do you want a great, supportive environment where you can learn new packages and technologies? Do you want to work at the forefront of energy efficiency?
Energy Solutions was founded as a mission driven company in 1995 to address climate change and sustainability issues through energy efficiency programs and renewable energy sources. As one of the leading consulting firms in our field, we specialize in energy efficiency program and project design, implementation, and marketing, as well as solar and other renewable energy system feasibility studies and developing custom software systems for program support and data analysis. Energy Solutions is a fast-paced and innovative firm with 70+ employees.
Successful applicants for our Operations Enigeer position will be responsible for the implementation and support of our production and development environments and will support the development of web applications that implement our state-of-the-art energy efficiency programs.
Qualified candidates will:
- Have a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or 1-2 years of relevant professional experience
- Be familiar with Python
- Either know or really want to learn Django
- Have experience supporting Apache/WSGI deployments
- Have Linux administration skills and a strong desire to design and maintain production environments
- Be familiar with Git or SVN
- Fundamentally believe in the automation of everything
The perfect candiate will:
- Know or want to learn KVM/Xen and Puppet
- Feel comfortable at a PostgreSQL prompt
- Be interested in using modern development tools like jQuery, Backbone, Bootstrap, HighCharts etc.W
- Work effectively both independently and within a small, cohesive team
- Exhibit a commitment to the environment
- Believe in the power of small incentives to change behavior and fight climate change
Our BART-accessible office is located in downtown Oakland, California. Compensation is commensurate Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package, including medical and dental insurance and other pre-tax contribution plans. Please email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit www.energy-solution.com. EOE.
How to Apply
Please send an email with your resume and cover letter attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject heading.