Full-Time Open-Source System Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Have you been running and contributing to open-source tools and OSes for as long as you can remember? Do you enjoy working on github with a community of end-users? Have you felt first-hand the pain of running and optimizing production systems? Let’s talk…
We’re on a mission to bring sanity to Dev & Ops and we need you to connect Datadog with the vast ecosystem our customers use. Join us to instrument everything from OS counters to programming languages to databases to cloud providers.
What you will do
- Build the open-source tools connecting Datadog to the rest of the world
- Join a tightly knit team solving hard problems the right way
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
Who you must be
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field
- You’ve been writing and running server-side software for several years
- You master Linux, from the system to the libs to the common apps
- You excel with several low-level and scripting languages
- Your github shows your chops and open-source contributions
- You enjoy sharing with great docs or blog posts
- You tend to obsess over code minimalism and performance
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
- You wrote your own monitoring tool once or twice before
- You are a master at Python, Java, C++ or Go
- You would be a cloudologist, if that word existed
Datadog is a VC-backed Startup based in NYC, on a mission to bring sanity to Dev & Ops. We are one of the city’s most technical startups, analyzing tens of billions of events a day in real-time. And we believe the next generation of cloud architectures presents an incredible opportunity to change the way dev and ops interact with their systems.
Why join? We are a small team, work from a bright penthouse loft in the heart of Manhattan, and strive to solve hard problems sustainably while having fun in the process. We’re also growing fast and are looking for self-motivated team-players to join us, own significant parts of our technology and business, and grow with the company.
How to Apply
Is this you? Apply at http://jobs.datadoghq.com/apply/wStSiE/OpenSource-System-Developer.html