Full-Time Lead Software Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Lead Software Engineer for Muck Rack
- Build and run major projects on Muck Rack
- Help shape our company and engineering culture, with a high degree of autonomy
- Work with Product Management and designers to shape and implement major site features
- Improve, optimize and refactor existing code
- Significant experience running a complex Django site in production, particularly at a startup or software-as-a-service company.
- Experience managing and mentoring engineers, running software projects, and working with product managers and designers to define and execute new features
- Can manage a fast paced development environment with testing, continuous integration and multiple daily deployments.
- Highly honed ability to use emoticons and reaction gifs in inter-office chat
- Flexibility, great problem-solving skills, and sense of humor
- Interested in journalism, news, media or social media
- Worked at or founded a startup
Sawhorse is a pretty awesome place to work. Some of the bigger benefits are:
- Work on multiple, interesting projects.
- We’re funded by our customers, not venture capitalists. Big decisions are made by our team, not a board of directors.
- We run a real business that makes money.
- We have multiple products that reach an audience of millions. We want you to feel ownership and excitement about what you’re building, and as a part of a small startup you’ll have a lot of influence to shape the company and engineering direction overall.
Muck Rack connects journalists with PR pros, companies and and entrepreneurs. Journalists use Muck Rack to build portfolios, track the success of their article and connect with colleagues. Companies use Muck Rack to get more press and receive real time alerts when they’re mentioned in the news.
The Shorty Awards honor the best of social media each year. Millions of people participate in The Shortys to recognize individuals and organizations producing great content on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube, Foursquare and the rest of the social web.
Based primarily out of our SoHo office, but with the added flexibility of working from home, a café, or wherever you’re at your best.
Python, Django, Celery, Sass, Redis, Memcached, Solr, Nginx, Gunicorn, Varnish, Ansible, Github, Linode