Full-Time Lead Python/Django Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About us: PlainLegal is an early stage legal teach startup in NYC that is focused on making legal services accessible to everyone. We’re building a marketplace/platform that makes it easy and affordable for small businesses to get legal help. We do this by simplifying the process of finding and working with lawyers through our unique and efficient platform.
PlainLegal is looking for a full-time lead python/django developer to join the team and drive improvements to our prototype and future product development. As one of the core team members, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the technical direction of the company and its product and help transform the legal industry. We offer a market salary and a meaningful amount of equity.
• Back-end development using Django/Python/PostgreSQL and other tools
• Taking ownership of projects to drive product development and improvements
• Building a high-quality product that helps small business owners and lawyers work together
• Strong knowledge of Django, best practices, and methodologies
• Passion for solving challenging problems
• Ability to learn quickly
• Attention to detail (we deal with lawyers)
• Appreciation for design and concern for the end user experience
• Excitement and comfort in being an early employee with significant input on the direction of the product
How to Apply
Email us at jobs [at] plainlegal [dot] com, and tell us why you’re interested and your past programming accomplishments. What have you created? We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for building things and helping others.